- Intrinsic motivation
- Spontaneous activity
- Cooperative learning through peer education and social interaction
- Social awareness both locally and globally
- Growth in cultural awareness and knowledge
- Competencies through repetitive experiences
- Movement from the concrete to the abstract
- Development of the imagination and creativity
- Learning activities through physical activity and outdoor work
- An integrated curriculum
- A continuous progress model
In an atmosphere that provides a strong sense of community-Oak Trails School offers:
- 1:8 teacher student ratio
- Developmentally appropriate practices
- Certified staff
- Multiage, ungraded classrooms
- State licensed and accredited
- Spanish daily
- Country school with gardens and wild life habitat
- Small family community
- Homelike atmosphere
In a rural setting:
The school is located on Warren Road in northeast Ann Arbor and serves families from Ann Arbor, Belleville, Brighton, Canton, Dexter, Pinckney, Plymouth, South Lyon, and Ypsilanti.
There are natural woods and hills that provide an unique and wonderful learning experience for children.
There is an oak wood, a maple wood, and a wetland that the children explore with their classroom teacher.
See the DIRECTIONS if you would like to come for a visit.